Description: Gokyo Lake is an outstanding location for landscape photography and quite possibly my favorite location in all of Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal.
- So many directions and so many mountains! When you are up on the ridge next to the Ngozumpa Glacier you are treated to 360 degrees of mountains and ice.
- It’s right next to Gokyo Ri, our high point for most treks at 17,550′. Want to know what the view looks like from up there?
- “It’s all (mostly) downhill from here!” Being our high point, most of the trek is downhill into thicker and thicker air.
- Lack of foot traffic. Sure, it’s popular and a destination, but it’s not super crowded (currently).
- The changing weather can make for dramatic photos with swirls of clouds opening pockets to hidden peaks.
I’d go back in a heartbeat and take the same photos all over again.
Title: Photographers’ Paradise
Location: Gokyo, Sagarmatha National Park, Nepal, Asia
I have started two photography learning series on my other blog: Photography Basics – A 43 Day Adventure, and its companion 40 Photography Experiments. The series are designed to unravel the mysteries of photography, helping you can take better pictures. Subscribe here to receive all the updates and bonus material.