A simple $10 donation could win you a trip of a lifetime. A simple $10 donation, 100% of which will help Water.org build freshwater wells in Haiti, could land you in Nepal for a 21 day Photo Trek with me, Peter West Carey.
Here’s the executive summary:
Passports With Purpose is raising funds for Water.org to build water wells in Haiti. You can help by making a donation for as little as $10 before December 12, 2012. For each $10 donation you will receive a raffle entry in a random drawing for a your choice of prizes, one of which is a 21 day Photo Trek.
The prize includes
- All Lodging, Meals, Water And Transportation for 21 days/20 nights.
- Domestic Flights To And From Lukla For 18 Days Of Trekking In The Himalayas
- Local Sherpa Guide
- Porter Service To Carry Gear While Trekking
- Professional Photography Instruction For The Entire Trip To Match Your Level And Interest
We trek at a pace much slower than average trekkers. Basically, most trekkers are obsessed with getting somewhere and checking it off their list. Instead, we are interested in waiting for good light, taking our time and getting a deeper sense of Nepal and the Himalayas. We don’t head to Everest Basecamp. We don’t circle Annapurna. We do climb a 17,600′ peak, but that is just to gain memorable 360 degree images of the Himalayas.
This trip has a retail value of $3900. The dates for the tour are September 29 – October 19, 2013 and the prize is transferable, so you can win it and gift it to a photography friend. Not into photography? You can still join us and just ignore the photography part while enjoying the cultural and scenic beauty of Nepal and the Himalayas.
As your photography guide, I am at your disposal before, during and after the trip to help you decide what to bring, how to pack it, how to get the best shots during the trip and help with editing images when you return. It’s my goal to help you bring back not only amazing images, but amazing memories from this welcoming country.
The tour is limited to a maximum of seven guests. The group is kept small to ensure you receive as much instruction as you desire.
Some stipulations about the trip
- …needs to be in decent physical shape and able to carry a day pack for 3-5 hours of trekking most days
- …must posses a passport that does not expire until six months after the trip ends
- …must be 18 years old
- …is responsible for travel to and from Kathmandu on the dates listed
- …can be from any country worldwide as long as they can legally win the prize
More details and a detailed itinerary can be found on the tour description page.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare to and from Kathmandu (we pick you up and drop you off at the airport, but you need to find your own way there)
- Personal items (Laundry, phone calls, internet time, etc…)
- Travel and evacuation insurance
- Tips (I do not accept tips, but we tend to tip our Sherpa guide and porters)
- 30 Day Visa (currently $40 payable upon entry at the airport)
Other than that, just make sure you have the appropriate shots as you see fit and show up with your camera, clothes and a positive attitude.
Who You Are Helping
100% of your donation will go to this year’s Passports With Purpose charity of choice, Water.org. The project will install two wells in Haiti next year to help communities in need of life’s most basic necessity. To learn more about how we will be helping this organization, click here. I have been involved with Passports With Purpose in the past when they have raised funds to build housing in India or libraries in Zambia. The group of five wonderful women who runs Passports With Purpose is all volunteer and accepts zero of the donations, which are all passed directly to Water.org.
To enter, visit Passports With Purpose’s donation page and scroll down until you find this prize. While you’re there, check out some of the other great prizes, such as a f-stop Kenti photo backpack or Kolor’s AutoPano Giga software, both of which will help you on this trip. Once you have chosen which raffles you wish to enter, simply check out of the site like you would any any other online store. It’s quick and easy.
The winner will be chosen on December 18th, 2012. If you win, and someone will, I will be seeing you in September in Nepal for an unforgettable adventure!
If you have any questions about the trip that you would like answered before donating, please email me and I will be glad to answer them for you.
I would also like to thank this year’s Passports With Purpose sponsors who are helping us reach our goal in big and little ways:
- Platinum: Expedia
- Gold: TripIt
- Silver: tbex
- Bronze: HomeAway. TravellersPoint, HostelBookers, Go with Oh