Hello Teachers Of The World,
My Goal: I would love to be of service to you and the kids you teach.
One offshoot of my People, Places & Patterns Project is my desire to present not only to the general public, but to kids as well. I have a wide variety of subjects and locations I have visited with more on the way every year. For me, this is an ongoing project I will continue as long as I draw breath.
Here’s what I can offer you:
- Multimedia presentations in person (Seattle, Portland, LA and San Diego) or via the Internet (worldwide).
- Stories from an excited and intelligent traveler who often sees the world as a kid
- One time or regularly scheduled slideshows and talks
- Relevant information from a first-hand source about the reality of life in other countries
Subjects can run the gamut to fit your curriculum. From history to everyday life to architecture to commerce or adventure. I certainly don’t know it all, but I’m sure I can help in some way.
The countries I have visited include:
- USA (and I live here, mostly)
- Canada (Western)
- Costa Rica
- United Arab Emirates
- Jordan (July 2012)
- Spain (just a little)
Guest appearances can be as short or as long as you like. I can be available at any time of the day, so if you live on the other side of the planet from me, please feel free to ask if I can give a talk even if you realize it is in the middle of the night for me. That’s really okay.
I want to be of service and help inspire children to learn more about the world outside their borders.
Some possible topics I can speak intelligently about and show images to help relate the material (this list is certainly not exhaustive):
- Local religions
- Mountains (I LOVE mountains)
- The Day In A Child’s Life
- What School is like across the globe
- Getting around
- Much more
Please use the contact form below to start a discussion of what you are looking for and we’ll take it from there. I don’t use a set deck of slides so I am able to pull from over 145,000 images shot on six continents to help bring the world to life for your children.
Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you.