Hello and Welcome!
31+ Days of Photography Experiments is here to help you learn photography concepts through active learning. My goal is to help you take better pictures by presenting topics for you to shoot at home at your own pace. Take your time and think about what each experiment is asking and then try it yourself. And have fun!
Below are the topics we will cover in this month long series. If you haven’t already, you might want to subscribe in order to receive all the lessons as they are posted daily. I will be linking posts from the list below as they are written, so check back often to see what is new if you decide not to subscribe. I will be linking to my 31+ Days To Better Photography series and if you haven’t read those topics, now might be a good time.
The series is free. There’s no catch. I am writing this mainly for past students of mine who want real-world tasks they can perform to gain practical experience with their camera. Learning photography, like any art, takes persistence and repetition and I hope this series can help you become a better photographer.
(Experiments can be completed in any order, but it may help to start from the top and work down. If a subject is not clickable, it has not yet been written.)
- Day 1 – ISO Limits Of Your Camera
- Day 2 – Depth Of Field – Changing Aperture
- Day 3 – Depth Of Field – Changing Focus Points
- Day 4 – Depth Of Field – Change Your Distance/Zoom
- Day 5 – Depth Of Field – Hyperfocal Concepts
- Day 6 – Focus Modes
- Day 7 – Making Black, Black
- Day 8 – Look At The Light
- Day 9 – One Subject, Ten Photos
- Day 10 – Composition – Rule Of Thirds
- Day 11 – Different Times Of Day = Different Light = Different Photos
- Day 12 – Get Low
- Day 13 – Making White, White
- Day 14 – Shooting The Full Moon At Moonrise
- Day 15 – Shooting The Full Moon At Moonset
- Day 16 – Take A Portrait
- Day 17 – Sun Stars (redundant, I know, but you’ll see)
- Halfway! – Are You Ready For Manual?
- Day 18 – Panning Blur
- Day 19 – Shoot Some Silhouettes
- Day 20 – Shoot Some Shadows
- Day 21 – Day Light Through Smoke Or Dust
- Day 22 – When You Change Your Focus, You Change Your Light Metering
- Day 23 – Shoot In Mid-Day Sun
- Day 24 – Candle Light
- Day 25 – Slow Shutter Speed And Bracing Your Camera
- Day 26 – Light Trails
- Day 27 – Zoom Light Trails
- Day 28 – Water Splash – Freeze And Blur
- Day 29 – Spot Metering
- Day 30 – Add Fill Flash
- Day 31 – Slow Shutter With Flash At Night
- Day 32 – Diffuse Your Flash
- Day 33 – City Lights
- Day 34 – Sunsets
- Day 35 – Create A Panorama
- Day 36 – Light Stuff Alongside Dark Stuff
Whew! I hope you have fun and learn a lot with this series.
31+ Days Of Photography Experiments is a series written by professional photographer Peter West Carey on The Carey Adventures.Com. The series is designed to unravel the mysteries of photography so you can take better pictures through practical experiments on the material found in 31+ Days To Better Photography. Subscribe here to receive all the updates and bonus material. Your comments are always welcome.